Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

With all of the Facebook changes recently, it’s hard to keep up and it can cause major headaches for photographers. Facebook’s most recent change is the “Timeline.”  If you do not have it yet, you will soon.   Use our new FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and you will never struggle with what to place at the top.

We’ve created seven unique, fully-customizable Photoshop Timeline Cover Templates. Photographers can use these templates to display pictures on their personal page, blog, or elsewhere on the web.

They are easy to use.  Just pick your picture(s), adjust the size and BAM! You have a timeline cover that all your friends will envy.  In addition to learning how to use them, our video tutorial teaches you how to make your own Timeline Cover Templates, using the included blank template.

Visit our website to download the FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and start decorating your personal Facebook Page. Have fun and make sure to share your creations on the MCP Facebook Group.

* Our standard terms of use apply.  Please read these prior to downloading from our cart.
** Disclaimer: When you upload a cover to Facebook, it will not be as crisp as in Photoshop. Facebook heavily compresses all Timeline Covers, not just ours,  in an unfavorable way. If we find a way to avoid this, we will make sure to let you know.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Here are the examples of what I made with the templates. If you need more inspiration check out these fun examples.

Facebook Timeline 2 opening template

2. pancakeNinja
    January 30, 2012 at 9:57 am — Reply

Ooo, I like these!
    Thanks Jodi

3. Alice C.
    January 30, 2012 at 11:10 am — Reply

Oh I love the nine opening one!

4. January 30, 2012 at 11:24 am — Reply

Thanks so much Jodi! I’m excited to try these, I was really dreading the timeline change before this.

5. January 30, 2012 at 12:54 pm — Reply

Thank you so much for doing this!!

6. Melissa P. @Mel4Him
    January 30, 2012 at 5:06 pm — Reply

Oooh I really like these. Can’t wait to use one of them. My friends are going to be so jealous. I just might have to keep this one a secret. LOL

7. January 30, 2012 at 8:04 pm — Reply

First, I have really enjoyed your blog since I found it. It’s very helpful. I tried to download the templates, however, and I cannot upload them into photoshop. Do you have instructions on how to do that? I have no problem loading actions, I just can’t figure out templates. Thanks!

8. January 30, 2012 at 8:08 pm — Reply

sweet! I already made one for myself, but these are awesome too!

9. January 30, 2012 at 8:45 pm — Reply

I just got the filmstrip timeline up on my FB page. Thank you so much Jodi! These are awesome!

10. January 30, 2012 at 9:43 pm — Reply

Thank you Jodi!!!
    I will post on my site.. so ppl can enjoy this amazing gift!

🙂

11. PancakeNinja
    February 2, 2012 at 8:20 pm — Reply

There’s something about the filmstrip that I just really like.

12. February 3, 2012 at 8:58 am — Reply

Important information thanks.

13. DonnaC
    February 5, 2012 at 12:30 am — Reply

Thank you so much for these templates, I didn’t have a clue how to use them until I watched your awesome tutorial ~ thank you for that too = )

14. jkay
    February 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm — Reply

Thanks for the free templates. I’m a newbie to PSE9, so thanks also for the video tutorial.

15. February 25, 2012 at 8:07 pm — Reply

Thank you for this. I am new to photoshop elements, so this will help me know how to make custom templates using the info from the video. I love storyboards — now I feel like I can do it.

16. February 26, 2012 at 5:40 pm — Reply

Thank you!

17. March 1, 2012 at 2:17 pm — Reply

hi there! thank you so much for the easy tutorial! however, for my logo as my cover photo, i am having difficulties with the colors showing up correctly on facebook…. :-/ i’ve tried web-safe colors and it still won’t look right… any tips on solving this would be much appreciated!

thanks!

• March 1, 2012 at 3:06 pm — Reply

Unfortunately that is all facebook – you can smile and thank them. As long as you are in sRGB, from there, you can thank them for the color issues and pixelation of your images and graphics. I wish they would not compress so much.

18. March 5, 2012 at 3:00 pm — Reply

Do we just download these and store them as psd’s or do they need to be placed in like actions or plugins? this one wasn’t clear or I just missed it in may haste?

• March 5, 2012 at 4:53 pm — Reply

You open them as you would a photo – they are not actions – they are PSD (photoshop) files. Enjoy!

19. March 9, 2012 at 12:48 am — Reply

I downloaded your files to make my timeline but I cannot open them in my CS5. It says the file is not a valid photoshop document. Am I doing this wrong?

20. March 12, 2012 at 12:31 pm — Reply

thanks for your advice I will do facebook timeline cover with my idea.

21. March 13, 2012 at 7:33 pm — Reply

If you are a poor designer and just got a Gimp or Paint.NET you can grab premade template from my blog. Sure the PSD file is also included.

22. March 14, 2012 at 5:02 am — Reply

Fantastic post i really like your post very much. I’ll visit your blog again.

23. March 29, 2012 at 5:33 pm — Reply

Facebook now says your cover image may not include contact information, and may not be primarily text based… I wonder if your “Jodi” cover image would be allowed?

Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain:
    ■ Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website”
    ■ Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section
    ■ References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
    ■ Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”

• March 29, 2012 at 8:00 pm — Reply

The one I have up does not have much text at all. Just my name and images for personal one and MCP and pictures and a little text (none that does what you describe above).

They do not want your cover being a big ad.

24. Rae Higgins
    April 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm — Reply

Thanks!!

25. […] I holidayed with in June and adore!} has a whole host of other designs too, all beautifully stylish.Visit here for more information and to download them for free. Alternatively you can experiment yourself! If you have something like Photoshop or Paint you can […]

26. tawnya
    August 15, 2012 at 9:20 am — Reply

I was able to download and open up the filmstrip FB template, but I cannot get pictures into it! Soooo frustrated. When I do “file,” then “place” it wants to stay in the PSD format and my pics of course are all jpegs. HELP!!!

27. August 28, 2012 at 11:31 pm — Reply

I’ll be giving these a try thanks.

28. Tonya
    October 7, 2012 at 2:49 pm — Reply

any plans for a similar thing for lightroom?

29. May 21, 2013 at 2:48 am — Reply

Simply Good Jodi. Just downloaded the templates and will do some changes and upload it on my Facebook. Thanks for such amazing things. Will be back soon

30. June 21, 2013 at 9:22 am — Reply

If you want to obtain a good deal from this article then you have to apply these
    strategies to your won webpage.

31. Jaime
    February 21, 2014 at 12:16 am — Reply

Thank you! Needed a new facelift on my Facebook!

32. Heather
    March 17, 2014 at 2:43 pm — Reply

Sorry, reposting to explain further. When I use “place” and try to get the photo to match the size of the boxes it makes them all distorted and smushy looking…am I doing something wrong?