facebook_pixel
Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

Free Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and Tutorial for Photoshop

With all of the Facebook changes recently, it’s hard to keep up and it can cause major headaches for photographers. Facebook’s most recent change is the “Timeline.”  If you do not have it yet, you will soon.   Use our new FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and you will never struggle with what to place at the top.

We’ve created seven unique, fully-customizable Photoshop Timeline Cover Templates. Photographers can use these templates to display pictures on their personal page, blog, or elsewhere on the web.

They are easy to use.  Just pick your picture(s), adjust the size and BAM! You have a timeline cover that all your friends will envy.  In addition to learning how to use them, our video tutorial teaches you how to make your own Timeline Cover Templates, using the included blank template.

Visit our website to download the FREE Facebook Timeline Cover Templates and start decorating your personal Facebook Page. Have fun and make sure to share your creations on the MCP Facebook Group.

* Our standard terms of use apply.  Please read these prior to downloading from our cart.
** Disclaimer: When you upload a cover to Facebook, it will not be as crisp as in Photoshop. Facebook heavily compresses all Timeline Covers, not just ours,  in an unfavorable way. If we find a way to avoid this, we will make sure to let you know.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Here are the examples of what I made with the templates. If you need more inspiration check out these fun examples.

Facebook Timeline 2 opening template

Three Opening Template

Speech Bubble Template
Speech Bubble Template – Just Add Words or a Photo

Adding Warmth To Images Using Photoshop Actions
Project 12: January "Resolutions" In Review

1. March 13, 2012 at 7:33 pm —

If you are a poor designer and just got a Gimp or Paint.NET you can grab premade template from my blog. Sure the PSD file is also included.

2. March 14, 2012 at 5:02 am —

Fantastic post i really like your post very much. I’ll visit your blog again.

3. March 29, 2012 at 5:33 pm —

Facebook now says your cover image may not include contact information, and may not be primarily text based… I wonder if your “Jodi” cover image would be allowed?

Cover images must be at least 399 pixels wide and may not contain:
    ■ Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website”
    ■ Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section
    ■ References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
    ■ Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”

• March 29, 2012 at 8:00 pm —

The one I have up does not have much text at all. Just my name and images for personal one and MCP and pictures and a little text (none that does what you describe above).

They do not want your cover being a big ad.

4. Rae Higgins
    April 29, 2012 at 1:27 pm —

Thanks!!

5. tawnya
    August 15, 2012 at 9:20 am —

I was able to download and open up the filmstrip FB template, but I cannot get pictures into it! Soooo frustrated. When I do “file,” then “place” it wants to stay in the PSD format and my pics of course are all jpegs. HELP!!!

6. August 28, 2012 at 11:31 pm —

I’ll be giving these a try thanks.

7. Tonya
    October 7, 2012 at 2:49 pm —

any plans for a similar thing for lightroom?

8. May 21, 2013 at 2:48 am —

Simply Good Jodi. Just downloaded the templates and will do some changes and upload it on my Facebook. Thanks for such amazing things. Will be back soon

9. June 21, 2013 at 9:22 am —

If you want to obtain a good deal from this article then you have to apply these
    strategies to your won webpage.

10. Jaime
    February 21, 2014 at 12:16 am —

Thank you! Needed a new facelift on my Facebook!

11. Heather
    March 17, 2014 at 2:43 pm —

Sorry, reposting to explain further. When I use “place” and try to get the photo to match the size of the boxes it makes them all distorted and smushy looking…am I doing something wrong?