facebook_pixel
Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

FREE Valentines Day Mini Cards and Accordion Book Templates

FREE Valentines Day Mini Cards and Accordion Book Templates

vday rerelease

Free Valentine’s Day Mini Cards and Accordion Book Designs

Valentine’s Day is coming up and we wanted to share some card templates that are perfect for your personal use or for photographers to gift to their customers – Mini Cards and Accordion Templates.

In case you are a long time customer of MCP Actions, these cards may look familiar.  They the much requested re-releases from 2011 and 2012.

Thank you to the Elizabeth Grace Photographer for the polka dot Mini Valentine’s Day Card templates and to Photographer Cafe for the modern Mini Valentine’s Cards and Mini Accordion Books.

Just use one of the three SHARE buttons directly below this text and then you’ll see the download.
[socialshare-download href=”http://bit.ly/mcp-v-day”]Free Valentine’s Day Templates[/socialshare-download]

The templates are fully-layered .psd files, not actions.  These may not be modified and sold as layered files.

Basic Photoshop CS+ Instructions (may vary slightly in Elements):

• Unzip the file you download.
  • Open the Cards in Photoshop (FILE – OPEN). These do not get “installed” as they are just templates, not actions.
  • Insert your photo into the template. There are numerous ways to do this, from the place command, to copy and paste, to dragging the photo into the template.
  • Make sure to move your photo in the layers palette above the indicated layer, if it is not already there.
  • Resize if your photo is too large, by using the EDIT – FREE TRANSFORM. Hold the SHIFT key down while you drag one the corners in to resize, so the ratio stays the same, and the photo does not distort.
  • Clip the photo to the insert layer. There are many ways to do this.  The easiest to explain is to go to LAYER – CREATE CLIPPING MASK. (If you are using Elements, try CTRL + G or Command + G to clip). You can re-size more and move your image as needed.

If you are a more advanced user, you can add/delete/change colors. All fonts are customizable so you can match your studio’s design and color palette or go all-out with pink and red for Valentine’s Day!  If you do not have a particular font on your computer, you can search for it online, or you can just substitute it with one you own. Enjoy!

We Have The Best Customers
MCP Editing and Photography Challenges: Highlights From This Week

1. Michele
    January 25, 2013 at 10:18 am — Reply

I just love your site. It has great information.
    Thanks for the mini cards and book. You rock!

2. Jessica
    January 25, 2013 at 11:16 am — Reply

What size should these cards be printed to?

• January 25, 2013 at 12:03 pm — Reply

Go under IMAGE SIZE in photoshop or elements. 🙂 There are a few different ones. Hope that helps.

3. Phoebe
    January 25, 2013 at 11:29 am — Reply

How wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing your time & talent!! So adorable!! Thank you!! 🙂

4. jackie
    January 25, 2013 at 11:51 am — Reply

Thank you! these are adorable! (and I voted for MCP!)

5. Sheri
    January 25, 2013 at 11:53 am — Reply

Thank you so much! You are AWESOME!! Just love your site :))

6. January 25, 2013 at 11:55 am — Reply

Thank you so much! Voted for you guys and shared on facebook, I just love your work!

7. Tami
    January 25, 2013 at 12:09 pm — Reply

I am trying to unzip and it is saying it is password protected. Is this normal or did I do something wrong?

8. Cindy
    January 25, 2013 at 12:11 pm — Reply

Voted for you. Thanks for all the great templates.

9. January 25, 2013 at 12:19 pm — Reply

Thanks! Can I offer to create cards for my clients for a Valentines special using these templates?

10. January 25, 2013 at 12:21 pm — Reply

Thank you! These are adorable! I’m a little confused about the wallet/business size-does that mean that when I go to print it I must choose wallet size? If I choose something bigger will it get pixel-y? Thanks!

• January 25, 2013 at 12:25 pm — Reply

Yes – they are mini cards – like valentine’s usually are – the kind people hand out. Does that make sense?

• January 25, 2013 at 12:29 pm — Reply

Yes, makes sense. I noticed that you replied to another comment and mentioned that you can change the image size in PSE if you wanted the picture to be bigger. Would that not also make it pixel-y?

11. January 25, 2013 at 12:27 pm — Reply

I am using Photoshop Elements 11 and I’m trying to work with the design labeled “2 wallet design”-it’s the one with pink to the left and a yellow heart overlapping where the pink is and where the photo should be. I open my photo and drag it over the black and hit “command + G” (I’m using a Mac) and then re-size to fit, but it overlaps the heart, instead of the heart overlapping the photo. Is there a way to fix this? Thank you so much!

• January 25, 2013 at 6:14 pm — Reply

Nevermind, figured it out! I was opening the jpg version instead of the psd version!

12. Jennifer
    January 25, 2013 at 12:58 pm — Reply

Thank you!

13. January 25, 2013 at 1:25 pm — Reply

I am able to download but not open. It says “unable to unarchive” Any insight to what I’m doing wrong? (My on a MAC if that helps.)

14. January 25, 2013 at 1:37 pm — Reply

Never mind, just got it to work.

15. Linda Hubbell
    January 25, 2013 at 1:51 pm — Reply

That was so kind. Thank you! Was just editing photos of my four month old niece and this were a perfect add on. I pinned and will brag about your your fabulous company!

16. Melissa
    January 25, 2013 at 2:04 pm — Reply

The accordion book is sized for “Bay Photo”…what does that mean? Also, it is 17.5” x 3.25″…which I can’t technically print on my home printer. Any help for printing this would be appreciated.

17. […] Free Valentine’s Day Mini Cards and Accordion Book Designs […]

18. January 25, 2013 at 4:08 pm — Reply

Thank you so much!! These are wonderful!! Thanks again!!

19. Candice Sandoval
    January 25, 2013 at 4:14 pm — Reply

Thank you so much, they are so awesome.

20. January 25, 2013 at 4:56 pm — Reply

Thanks so much, I love the dots! I shared it on FB and pinned it too

21. January 25, 2013 at 4:57 pm — Reply

These are fantastic! Thank you for sharing! I pinned and shared on Twitter 🙂

22. Trisha
    January 25, 2013 at 5:16 pm — Reply

Thank you so much for these wonderful cards 🙂

23. January 25, 2013 at 5:18 pm — Reply

It says I need a password to extract the files. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

• January 25, 2013 at 8:48 pm — Reply

Please email us screen shots through our support desk and we can assist you. It is not password protected so it may be the way your machine interprets the files. But contact us and we can try and assist.

• January 26, 2013 at 8:54 pm — Reply

same issue when I try to extract the Elizabeth Grace file only

• Steph
        February 10, 2013 at 2:02 pm — Reply

I am having the same problem :0(

24. January 25, 2013 at 6:38 pm — Reply

awesome!!! Thank you!
    Pinned 🙂
    Kelly

25. Michael
    January 26, 2013 at 11:15 am — Reply

Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You Thank You

These are great, and will come in quite handy!!!

26. January 26, 2013 at 8:46 pm — Reply

thanks for the freebies! when I try to unzip, it says I must enter a password???

27. Melissa
    January 28, 2013 at 9:23 am — Reply

I’m having the same issue. When I try to extract the files it’s telling me I need a password.

• January 28, 2013 at 9:45 am — Reply

They are not password protected. It seems an extremely small % of you are seeing this on a specific windows OS. I would recommend using an extractor/unzip software like WinZip or 7Zip so they unzip properly. The built in one is what seems to be causing this.

28. January 29, 2013 at 9:15 am — Reply

When I place a pic on the card and print it, a super sharp image is pixilated. I resized it to be an 8×10. Do you think that could be why? Is there anyway to make it not be pixilated at that size?

Thank you for any help! These are absolutely adorable 🙂

29. K8
    January 29, 2013 at 3:02 pm — Reply

are there instructions on how to use the templates in lightroom?

• January 29, 2013 at 3:42 pm — Reply

They work in Photoshop and Elements. You might be able to rig something with the print template in LR but we do not have instructions for that. And I have not tried to see if it is possible.

• K8
        January 30, 2013 at 4:16 pm — Reply

ok thanks. I’m not tech savvy, so probably no rigging happening here 🙂

30. Amy
    January 29, 2013 at 5:16 pm — Reply

Any suggestions or recommendations on a good lab for printing? I am having trouble finding anyone that prints 2.5×3.5.

31. Karen P
    January 30, 2013 at 4:54 pm — Reply

I’m trying and cannot seem to get my picture to load into the template. I am dragging it to a layer above the one that is marked but it sets it to a background layer and the other layers are no longer visible. Any thoughts?

32. February 5, 2013 at 8:40 am — Reply

Hi,

which lab do you suggest we print these at? CPQ has 2.5 X3.5 individual “prints” for like eighty something cents each, but since they are prints would have no envelopes, and in “press” nothing that small … and i didn’t see anything that small in Millers products?

33. February 5, 2013 at 8:54 am — Reply

I found some at bay Photo, however for a childs school valentine party $39.70 is a bit pricey! That’s for 40 but I don’t need that many! any other suggestions?!

34. February 6, 2013 at 7:12 am — Reply

Amy, I found an inexpensive solution .. just order sets of 8 wallets from your lab .. in special instructions ask them DO NOT DIE-CUT WALLETS, then just purchase a package of valentines from wal-mart and use the envelopes! lol . depending on how many you need .. total expense around $10 -$12

35. January 30, 2014 at 11:47 am — Reply

Hi I made this for my daughter’s Valentine but now am curious how to print it. I know it is an accordion book but at Miller’s and WHCC they have the hard cover. I don’t really need that. I can also print at home. The dimensions say 3.25 X 11.5. Any suggestions?