Free Valentine’s Day Mini Cards and Accordion Book Designs
Valentine’s Day is coming up and we wanted to share some card templates that are perfect for your personal use or for photographers to gift to their customers – Mini Cards and Accordion Templates.
In case you are a long time customer of MCP Actions, these cards may look familiar. They the much requested re-releases from 2011 and 2012.
Thank you to the Elizabeth Grace Photographer for the polka dot Mini Valentine’s Day Card templates and to Photographer Cafe for the modern Mini Valentine’s Cards and Mini Accordion Books.
Just use one of the three SHARE buttons directly below this text and then you’ll see the download.
[socialshare-download href=”http://bit.ly/mcp-v-day”]Free Valentine’s Day Templates[/socialshare-download]
The templates are fully-layered .psd files, not actions. These may not be modified and sold as layered files.
Basic Photoshop CS+ Instructions (may vary slightly in Elements):
- Unzip the file you download.
- Open the Cards in Photoshop (FILE – OPEN). These do not get “installed” as they are just templates, not actions.
- Insert your photo into the template. There are numerous ways to do this, from the place command, to copy and paste, to dragging the photo into the template.
- Make sure to move your photo in the layers palette above the indicated layer, if it is not already there.
- Resize if your photo is too large, by using the EDIT – FREE TRANSFORM. Hold the SHIFT key down while you drag one the corners in to resize, so the ratio stays the same, and the photo does not distort.
- Clip the photo to the insert layer. There are many ways to do this. The easiest to explain is to go to LAYER – CREATE CLIPPING MASK. (If you are using Elements, try CTRL + G or Command + G to clip). You can re-size more and move your image as needed.
If you are a more advanced user, you can add/delete/change colors. All fonts are customizable so you can match your studio’s design and color palette or go all-out with pink and red for Valentine’s Day! If you do not have a particular font on your computer, you can search for it online, or you can just substitute it with one you own. Enjoy!