For the past number of years, MCP has done some form of a photo challenge. We did Project 52, Project MCP, Project 12, Photo Challenges and Edit Challenges. This year we are mixing things up even more – and adding a few twists.
Rather than a photo each week or month, we are doing a photo a day challenge. We feel strongly that the more you practice your photography, the better you get. Rather than limit participants to a specific camera, we want you to use your creativity with whatever tools you have. Some days you may use your dSLR camera, while others you might use an iPhone/iPad or even a point and shoot. Want to make and use a pin-hole camera? That works too. We hope this flexibility makes the photography project enjoyable instead of a daunting.
Themes: some are easy and while others require you get more creative. Do as many as you want. We are excited to see what you come up with.
- Use the topic/theme as a guide every day.
- Take a photo that fits the theme. You are free to interpret it however you wish.
- If you get behind, it’s fine to play catch up. It’s also acceptable to skip a day. If you are an overachiever or just super excited, you might even work on upcoming topics ahead of schedule.
How to share:
- Post the image to your Instagram, Facebook, Google+ or all three. Hashtag it #mcpphotoaday. If possible state what theme of the image.
- Bonus fun – You can also follow us and tag @mcpactions on Instagram, on the MCP Business Facebook Page and/or on MCP’s G+ Page.
- If you edited the photo with MCP products such as our Photoshop actions, Lightroom presets and textures, you can also hashtag it #mcpactions. For more exposure, you may post MCP edited images to our Facebook Group and state what products were used.
- Spread the word. Tell others to visit this shortened URL to join us: http://bit.ly/mcp-photoaday
That’s it – super easy. We hope you participate. Make sure to check out MCP on Instagram. We will feature participants’ images – so visit to get inspired and maybe to see your image.
Comment below and let us know if you will be joining us!