Table of Contents:
This is a 24.2 megapixel DSLR camera with fantastic sensor, built-in Wi-Fi and GPS and no optical low-pass filter that can record Full HD movies at 1080/50/60p with stereo sound. It provides excellent image quality similar to some more expensive DSLR cameras. Although it is mostly made of plastic, this is a solid and well-constructed camera. It has a really practical, fully articulated, large, 3.2″ LCD screen. Also, it has an optical viewfinder with 95% coverage and a magnification of 0.52x. A general level of performance is impressive. focus system offers a good number of AF points which offers a good coverage across the frame. ISO performance is really good and there is almost no evidence of color noise until you reach ISO 6400. Even then you can get more than usable images.
Now, let’s see which lenses are the perfect fit for this Nikon beauty.
Nikon D5300 Prime Lenses
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f1.4G
- The AF NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4D DSLR Lens from Nikon is a very effective standard length lens compatible with both FX and DX format Nikon DSLRs
- Lens construction: 7 elements in 6 groups
- Closest focusing: 0.45m/1.5 ft.
- Accepts 52mm filters;Maximum Aperture f/ 1.4 ;Minimum Aperture f/ 16
- Includes 52mm lens cap, rear cap
High quality, professional-grade lens for enthusiasts and pros, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f1.4G is a great lens for portraiture, food and everyday photography. With a maximum aperture of f/1.4, it provides a remarkably smooth, natural background blur and it is also great for low-light photography. This lens features Silent Wave Motor, Super Integrated Coating, and large aperture. The build quality is very decent with the plastic outer barrel and rubberized focus ring. This lens provides an amazing image quality in all light situations. Chromatic aberration, shadowing, and distortion are very well controlled.
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f1.8G
- F Mount Lens/DX Format. Picture Angle with Nikon DX Format 44 degree
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent). Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent Wave Motor AF System. Accepts filter type is screw on
- Compatible formats is dx and fx in dx crop mode.Maximum Reproduction Ratio:0.16x
Small and compact prime lens, Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm is ideal for beginners. It offers a maximum aperture of f/1.8 which is perfect for portraiture because it provides beautiful bokeh. With an outer barrel made out of high-quality plastics, the built quality is very decent. Thanks to the AF-S in-lens focusing system Nikon Nikkor 35mm focuses fast and silent. You can also focus manually by turning the manual focus ring on the front of the lens to adjust focus. The image quality is amazing. Images are exceptionally sharp from one edge of the frame to the other even at the widest aperture of f/1.8. chromatic aberration, flare, and distortion are very well controlled.
Nikon D5300 Zoom Lenses
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f3.5-5.6G ED VR
- AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens
- Focal Length Range : 16 -85 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 1.3 ft. ( 0.38 m)
- Designed for use with Nikon DX digital SLR cameras, including the D40, D60, D80, D90, and D300
- Vibration reduction allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times (up to four shutter speeds slower), Ideal for wide-angle shots and portraiture
This is the most balanced and versatile standard zoom lens you will find for your DSLR. Thanks to the Nikon VR II image stabilization, it provides extremely sharp stills and videos. It delivers incredible optical performance in any setting. Aside from image stabilization, Nikon Nikkor 16-85mm also features Silent Wave Motor that allows high speed, super quiet and accurate autofocusing, Extra-Low Dispersion Glass for correction of chromatic aberrations and Aspherical lens elements for eliminating certain types of lens aberration.
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6G VR II
- Versatile 18 55mm focal length range
- 25 percentage smaller and lighter than its predecessors
- Vibration Reduction technology provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting
- Optimized for DX format cameras
- Maximum angle of view (DX format): 76°, Minimum angle of view (DX format): 28°50'
This is an ultra-compact, standard zoom lens that delivers the sharpest, most color rich results that you can imagine. With its Vibration Reduction technology, it provides 4.0 stops* of blur-free images, even when shooting handheld. This lens also features a retractable design, a Silent Wave Motor for smooth and accurate autofocus and a 25cm minimum focus distance. The build quality is acceptable. The outer barrel and the 52mm filter thread are plastic but it still feels solid enough in your hand. Sharpness is just fine but there are some problems with chromatic aberration and shading. However, that can be fixed with small adjustments in settings.
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8G ED-IF
- Constant f2.8 3.2x zoom lens developed exclusively for use with Nikon DX Format, optimized for Nikon digital SLRs
- Dust and waterproof rubber sealing mount. Focal length : 17-55mm. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 0.20x
- High optical performance by aspherical lenses and ED glass elements
- Silent Wave Motor enables ultra-high-speed autofocusing with exceptional accuracy and powerful super-quiet operation
- M/A mode for quick switching between autofocus and manual operation
A lens built like a tank, perfect for portrait photography because of its ability to provide stunning sharpness and beautiful bokeh background, deliver exceptional photos and HD video. You will probably keep it on your camera all the time because of its versatile wide-angle to standard zoom range. The build quality of the lens is superb, made of metal with rubber sealing to protect it from dust and humidity. Image quality is great. Sharpness in the center is outstanding and excellent towards the edges of the frame. There are some issues with chromatic aberration, but falloff of illumination and distortion are reasonably controlled.
Nikon D5300 Wide Angle Lenses
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f4G ED VR
- Ideal for wide-angle and "normal" shots
- Maximum aperture: f/4 ; Offers two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- Image stabilization, vibration reduction (VR II) up to 4 stops
- Nikon F mount for FX and DX DSLRs
Very well built but surprisingly long, Nikon Nikkor 16-35 mm can easily be mistaken for a telephoto lens, but actually this is a fantastic wide-angle zoom lens with image stabilization and excellent flare reduction. Since this is an internal focus lens, all the lens elements are inside the unit. The image quality is amazing. It provides sharp images throughout the entire zoom range. Thanks to the image stabilization you can leave your tripod at home and confidently create some blur-free images even in low light. This lens also features Silent Wave Motor that enables extremely accurate and super quiet autofocus, Nano Crystal Coat that reduces ghost and flare caused by light entering the lens diagonally and Extra-Low Dispersion Glass that corrects chromatic aberration.
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f1.4G
- FX-format, ultra-fast classic wide-angle lens
- Focal Length : 35 mm, Minimum Focus Distance - 1.0 ft.
- Nano Crystal Coat, Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs
- Aspherical Lens Element. Rear Focus (RF)
- Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 44°, Maximum angle of view (FX-format): 63°
Designed with a professional photographer in mind, Nikon Nikkor AF-S 35/1.4 incorporates the latest optical technology providing images of amazing clarity and contrast in most challenging lighting conditions. When it comes to the lens body, it is a little heavy and bulky but build quality is very good, which you probably expected from the lens in this price range. The lens features AF-S silent –wave focus motor for fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing, Rear Focus, Nano Crystal Coating and Super Integrated Coating that reduces ghosting and flares and the maximum aperture of f/1.4 which makes this lens great for portraits. It provides excellent sharpness, making the images crisp and detailed. Chromatic aberrations, distortion, and falloff of illumination are very well controlled.
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f1.8G Review
- Fast f/1.8 prime NIKKOR lens
- Engineered for Nikon FX-format D-SLRs.Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length) 2.9 in. (73.0 mm) x 3.2 in.(80.5 mm)
- Nano Crystal Coat. Aspheric lens Elements
- Diaphragm blades: 7
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
A professional-grade lens Nikon Nikkor 28mm is perfect for enthusiasts and professionals that need high-quality optics. It features f/1.8 fast aperture for a shallow depth of field and isolating the subject from the background, a Nano Crystal coating for reducing reflections and a Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate and quiet focusing. The lens is not too heavy but it is rather big and as you would expect from this kind of lens, the built quality is very good. Image quality is great. Chromatic aberration, distortion, and falloff of illumination are very well controlled.
Nikon D5300 Macro Lenses
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8G IF-ED VR
- Designed for close-up and macro photography; versatile enough for virtually any photographic situation
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 23°20'.Features new VR II vibration reduction technology, Focal Length : 105 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 10 ft( 0314 m)
- Nano-Crystal coat and ED glass elements that enhance overall image quality by further reducing flare and chromatic aberrations
- Includes an internal focus, which provides fast and quiet auto-focusing without changing the length of the lens. Maximum Reproduction Ratio : 1.0x
- Weighs 279 ounces, and measures 33 x 45 inches; Made In China ;5-Year Warranty (1-Year International + 4-Year USA Extension)
When this lens was introduced, it was the first one to feature image stabilization. Thanks to that addition the lens is much bigger and heavier than other lenses in this range, but somehow it is still very easy to hold and produces some great results. With a combination of metal and high-quality plastics used for much of the lens barrel, we can say that the build quality is excellent. It features the silent wave motor that powers very fast, accurate and quiet autofocus. This lens provides amazing, high-quality images. Sharpness is excellent in the center of the frame at maximum aperture and stopping down only improves performance across the frame. Chromatic aberration, flare, and falloff of illumination are very well controlled. And let’s not forget the most important feature for a macro lens! Maximum reproduction ratio of 1:1 is what makes it great because that means that the size of an image that appears on the sensor is the same as the size of the subject in reality.
Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8
- Compact and lightweight DX-format close-up lens. Lens Construction (Elements/Groups) - 9 elements in 7 groups
- Maximum reproduction ratio is 1.0x. Focal length is 40 mm
- Sharp images from infinity to life-size (1X), Autofocus to 64 inches
- Close-Range Correction System (CRC). Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- Angle of view is 38 degree 50 feet. Features focus distance indicator 0.53 feet to infinity having minimum focus distance as 0.53 feet
This is company’s most affordable macro lens. It features Close Range Correction System that ensures superior lens performance even when shooting at close distances, Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate and silent autofocusing, M/A focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens and Super Integrated Coating. It also provides high resolution and contrasts from infinity to life-size. Much of the construction was made of high-quality plastic and the lens mount is made of metal giving it a solid feel. Sharpness is excellent in the central portion of the frame and stopping down only improves sharpness further across the frame. There are no bigger problems with chromatic aberration, distortion or falloff of illumination. Most importantly, reproduction ratio is 1:1.
Ass you can see, relatively low price doesn’t necessarily mean a bad product.
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f2.8G ED
- Lens Type: AF-S 60mm f/2.8G ED
- Designed for use with Nikon FX and DX digital SLR cameras including the D40, D60, D80, D90, and D300
- Focal length: 90mm effective for APS-C sensor cameras
- Ideal for closeup and macro photography; Minimum focus distance: 8 inches
- The item is made in Thailand
This is a versatile standard macro lens that provides extremely sharp close-up and macro images up to life-size (ratio magnification 1:1). It is relatively lightweight and compact, built-in high-quality plastic and metal mount. Sharpness is amazing at the maximum aperture in the center of the frame. With stopping the lens down it improves quality further across the frame. It features Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate and silent autofocusing and M/A focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. Chromatic aberration is very well controlled but the falloff of illumination may be an issue for some photographers.
Nikon D5300 Telephoto Lenses
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f4-5.6G VR
- 55-200mm zoom Nikon lens with f/4-5.6 maximum aperture for Nikon digital SLR cameras
- 2 extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass elements for minimized chromatic aberration and superior optics
- Silent Wave Motor produces quick and quiet high-speed autofocusing; weighs 9 ounces
- Measures 2.7 inches in diameter and 3.1 inches long; 1-year warranty
- White box(bulk packaging)
If you want a lightweight telephoto zoom lens with image stabilization, this might be the one for you. Not only that it features Vibration Reduction technology to improve stability by compensating for camera shake, but also a Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate and quiet autofocusing, Extra-Low Dispersion Glass that obtain the optimum correction of chromatic aberration, and Auto-Manual Mode. Built quality is decent, mostly plastic but with optical elements made of glass. Sharpness is excellent in the center at maximum aperture. Levels of chromatic aberrations, distortion, and falloff of illumination are very well controlled.
Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f2.8D ED-IF
- Lens Construction - 8 elements in 6 groups (1 ED)
- Picture Angle - 13 degrees 40 minutes
- Minimum Focus Distance - 5 ft.
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio (Macro Setting) - 1 - 6.6
- Attachment / Filter Size - 72mm
This lens especially has especially proven itself low-light situations where capturing distant action is crucial, so if that is what you need, this is the lens for you. With a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture it provides beautiful bokeh background. This medium telephoto lens is perfect for sports arenas and halls, but also for photography, astrophotography and capturing the action. The built quality is very high with the outer barrel made of metal with the crinkle finish.
Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f4.5-5.6D ED VR
- Compact, lightweight 5x telephoto zoom lens
- Vibration Reduction operation offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed three stops faster
- VR automatically detected during panning operation
- Three ED glass elements ensure superior optical performance
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm achieves a natural blur for out-of-focus elements
This beautiful versatile, compact and lightweight lens is ideal for sports, wildlife, and even portraiture. The lens isn’t overly large or heavy and the built quality is great, especially with a beautifully finished metal barrel. It features Silent Wave focus motor, Vibration Reduction image stabilization, Autofocus/Manual Focus control (on the barrel) and Extra-low Dispersion glass. In terms of optics, quality, features and build, this is most definitely a professional lens that wants to satisfy both professionals and photo enthusiasts.
Nikon D5300 All-in-One Lenses
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G
- One-lens solution adept in a wide variety of situations
- Focal length range: 18 -200 mm, minimum focus Distance: 1.6 ft.
- Two extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements; three aspherical lens elements
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM), Nikon VR II (vibration reduction) image stabilization
- Focus to 20 inches for extended versatility, filter thread: 72 mm.Maximum angle of view (dx-format)76°.minimum angle of view (DX-format) 8°.Accepts Filter Type:Screw-on
This versatile standard zoom lens is a great one-lens solution. It provides a focal length range equivalent to 28-300mm on a 35mm camera. It features compact silent-wave motor for autofocus, which performs really well. It is fast, silent and accurate. It also features Vibration Reduction image stabilization, Two Extra-low Dispersion elements, three aspherical lens elements, Zoom lock switch, M/A focus mode switch and a Super Integrated Coating.
Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G
- Maximum magnification of 032x
- Angle of view from 76° to 5°20'.Focal Length Range : 18 300 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 16 ft( 048 m)
- Aperture range from f/35 to f/22
- Angle of view from 76 to 520'
This is one outstanding lens, highly versatile, surprisingly compact and lightweight that provides great performance. It features image stabilization so you won’t have to worry about camera shake. It also features Silent Wave Motor for fast, accurate and silent autofocusing, Auto-Manual Mode, Extra-Low Dispersion Glass and Aspherical lens elements. Built quality is great, with black polycarbonate barrel with gold accents. Both zoom and manual focus rings have a textured finish, giving it the solid feel in hand. It certainly has some problems with chromatic aberration, but that can easily be fixed by simply stopping down a little. Distortion and shadowing are very well controlled, though.
Nikon D5300 Lens Comparison Table
|Lens||Type||Focal Length||Aperture||Filter size||Weight||VR|
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f1.4G||Prime Lens||50 mm||f/14 – f/16||50 mm||3.9 oz||No|
|Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f1.8G||Prime Lens||35 mm||f/1.8 – f/22||52 mm||7.4 oz||No|
|Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f3.5-5.6G ED VR||Zoom Lens||16 – 85 mm||f/3.5 – f/22||67 mm||17.1 oz||Yes|
|Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f3.5-5.6G VR II||Zoom Lens||18 – 55 mm||f/3.5 – f/22||52 mm||6.9 oz||Yes|
|Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f2.8G ED-IF||Zoom Lens||17 – 55 mm||f/2.8 – f/22||77 mm||26.6 oz||No|
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f4G ED VR||Wide Angle lens||16 – 35 mm||f/4 – f/22||77 mm||24 oz||Yes|
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f1.4G||Wide Angle lens||35 mm||f/1.4 – f/16||67 mm||21.2 oz||No|
|Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f1.8G Review||Wide Angle lens||28 mm||f/1.8 –f/16||77 mm||11.6 oz||No|
|Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f2.8G IF-ED VR||Macro Lens||105 mm||f/2.8 – f/32||62 mm||27.9 oz||Yes|
|Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8||Macro Lens||40 mm||f/2.8 – f/22||52 mm||9.9 oz||No|
|Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f2.8G ED||Macro Lens||60 mm||f/2.8 – f/32||62 mm||15 oz||No|
|Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f4-5.6G VR||Telephoto Lens||55 – 200 mm||f/4 – f/22||52 mm||11.8 oz||Yes|
|Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f2.8D ED-IF||Telephoto Lens||180 mm||f/2.8 – f/22||72 mm||26.8 oz||No|
|Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f4.5-5.6D ED VR||Telephoto Lens||80 – 400 mm||f/4.5 – f/32||77 mm||47 oz||Yes|
|Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G||All-in-One Lens||18 – 200 mm||f/3.5 – f/22||72 mm||19.9 oz||Yes|
|Nikon 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G||All-in-One Lens||18 – 300 mm||f/3.5 – f/22||67 mm||19.4 oz||Yes|
No matter what kind of lens you needs, you will surely find it here, just take a look at our table and pick the one you think is the best for you.
I hope this was helpful. Enjoy your new lenses!