FREE PHOTOSHOP ACTION: Flag in a Flash | Memorial Day Celebration

FREE PHOTOSHOP ACTION: Flag in a Flash | Memorial Day Celebration

flag-example-blank.jpg

***FLAG IN A FLASH***

This is a very special free photoshop action called “Flag in a Flash.” It creates a 20×20 Patriotic Flag Storyboard in seconds. You can resize the storyboard to any smaller size square (such as 8×8, 10×10, 12×12, 16×16, etc). Perfect for framing, printing on canvas, or for use in scrapbooking.

Just download, unzip, and install the action into photoshop (tested in photoshop 7, CS, CS2 and CS3 – but not elements). Then click play. Once it runs, you will want to crop 4 photos to insert. The openings are:

6.5×4.75
(2) 4×4
6×4

When cropping add .25 to width and height. So crop the 6×4 photo to 6.25×4.25 for example. Then use Move Tool to move the photos into the Storyboard. Make sure that they are under the “Photos Go Below Here” layer. Then save (or re-size and save if you want a smaller version). Color of the background can be changed by clicking on the blue square in the layers palette and selecting a new color. You also may add a photo to take the place of the white stripes, though usually that ends up a little bit busy.

Enjoy the action. Click on one of the examples to download the action. I am going to try and remember to re-post this for Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veteran’s Day too. So you may see this one a few times coming up.

flag-example2.jpg

flag-example1.jpg

Understanding Layers: New Layer, Adjustment Layer, Duplicate Layer... When to use each.
The Winners of the TRACY JOY camera strap covers are...

1. May 20, 2008 at 5:52 pm — Reply

Jodi, this is awesome. No doubt many folks will find this incredibly useful!!

2. May 20, 2008 at 6:20 pm — Reply

Wonderful! I’m sure that I’ll find lots of uses for this! Thank you!

3. May 20, 2008 at 6:41 pm — Reply

Thank you so much Jodi, it is so nice of you to share such a wonderful patriotic template!!

4. Faith
    May 20, 2008 at 7:21 pm — Reply

Very cool and I love that it’s an action!

5. May 20, 2008 at 7:24 pm — Reply

You are welcome – I would love for some of you to please share plays with everyone by posting them to flickr.

Have fun with it.

6. May 20, 2008 at 11:40 pm — Reply

Thanks for remembering them – my son is leaving for Afghanistan in June. I will have to make this collage just for him.

7. May 21, 2008 at 12:52 am — Reply

Oh this is so cool! Thanks so much.

8. May 21, 2008 at 10:47 am — Reply

I just wanted to leave a comment. I found you through a comment left on pioneer woman. I agree, about what you said too many people saying they are professionals because they charge. I am a wannabe. I created a photography blogsite but I have yet to charge anyone. I can’t. So, therefore, it is just a beautiful hobby for me. I even put prices out, because other photographers said I was cutting their business. So, I priced accordingly. I can’t be cutting business when I am only photographing friends and family and not even open for business. Thought I would check your site out. I only have elements. But, I love that you offer a wealth of info and freebies. Chrys

9. May 21, 2008 at 11:27 am — Reply

Gorgeous! My hubby will be home at the end of next month (hopefully) and this will be PERFECT to use for his homecoming photos. Thank you for sharing!

10. May 21, 2008 at 3:09 pm — Reply

Thank you so much!!! I love this, and plan on using it soon.

11. Missy
    May 23, 2008 at 3:59 pm — Reply

Cool! Thanks!

12. June 3, 2008 at 8:49 am — Reply

LOVE this storyboard.
    Although I am not sure what to do with them (printing-wise) I have to say that they are fabulous. As a wife of a deployed Soldier, this is just a fabulous find!
    I had to pick it up. Perhaps some day I’ll be able to figure out what to do with it. But for now it will make a nice desktop for the girls and I to see their Daddy each and every day!
    Thank you for this fabulous template!

13. July 3, 2008 at 10:50 am — Reply

Thanks so much for this!

14. Jackie
    July 3, 2008 at 5:28 pm — Reply

Thanks for the free download. That was very generous. Jackie

15. July 3, 2008 at 5:54 pm — Reply

Thanks for the freebie! You are the best!