Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Easy as Pie… How to Price Yourself and Your Photography ~ The Winner

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Easy as Pie… How to Price Yourself and Your Photography ~ The Winner

eapbanner

Alicia was so impressed with the amount of responses on the MCP Blog to her article on pricing yourself as a photographer.  She has decided not only to have a winner picked at random (which will be shown in a moment), but also to offer an incredible discount to you for a limited time.

If you buy tonight or tomorrow (Feb. 19th-20th) – you will get the “cookbook” for $109- $40 off— use the code “MCP1940”

If you buy on Feb. 21st you will get the “cookbook” for $119- $30 off— use the code “MCP2030”

If you buy on Feb. 22nd you will get the “cookbook” for $129- $20 off— use the code “MCP2120”

And if you buy on Feb. 23rd-28th you will get the “cookbook” for $15 off— use the code “MCP15”

The blog will be available the middle of March and that everyone who purchase the cookbook will be notified when it will be available.

*** Also, the ongoing private blog will be available the middle of March and everyone who purchased the cookbook will be notified when it will be available for purchase.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for the winner…

Picked at random. I asked my husband to pick a number 1 through 151 (the number of responses as of this post). The lucky number he chose was: 107

Judy Cozza is the winner!!! Alicia will contact you with the details. Congrats!

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Fan Share - Another Customer Playing with "All in the Details"
Guess who has the flu... Plus contest info and more...

1. February 23, 2009 at 11:56 am —

As a photographer that has been to a few workshops myself, all given by very well known photogs in their own right, I feel the investment I made in the cookbook was worth it’s weight in gold. I probably gained as much if not more from it than the workshops I have attended. I had an established business in a larger city and was trying to break into a much smaller market and really struggled with the pricing. She helped it all make sense and gave me a little confidence in my pricing to boot, all in the comfort of my home and it didn’t take away from my family. Given the current economy I can’t justify leaving my husband and four children to spend upwards of $2000 on the latest and greatest workshop from a photographer that is making most of their profits for the year from said workshops. I don’t charge as much as Alicia does, but my goal is to have my name out there and my business strong so that when the economy turns I will be ready and people will know who I am. This is a business for me and it has to be worth the time it takes away from my family to justify all that I put into it. By the way, I paid less than $100 for the pdf and have seen Alicia give several opportunities to purchase it at a discount, in addition I didn’t even know who she was before I heard about the Cookbook, but after researching her I felt she could have something to offer, and I was right! Thanks Alicia!

2. February 23, 2009 at 4:49 pm —

I have personally purchased this book from Alicia and it is full of invaluable information that will help those who are truly passionate about photography. Alicia is a Doll~ Don’t bash the product till you try it!!

Love ya Alicia~~~ You are the best!!

Easy as Pie is THE BEST

3. February 25, 2009 at 1:07 pm —

The information that Alicia shares is invaluable to any photographer. For those that think it’s too much to pay for an eBook…you have to consider the amount of time she spent gathering this information through experience and teaching. If you have the time to mentor 40 photographers and learn all of these lessons the hard way…go for it! But if you value your time and want to be mentored by someone who has “been there, done that”, then buy this! You won’t be sorry.

4. March 4, 2009 at 12:56 am —

I have to say this is WORTH EVERY PENNY! I never even knew I was under priced until I used her “calculations” and figured out how much I stand to make this year. It is a GREAT book and I feel like my photography business AND life will be forever changed because of it!!!!!!!!!

5. Des Smock
    April 16, 2009 at 10:26 am —

Everyone who sets out to sell a product has to consider how to price that product and to what market it will be targeted – whether it’s cheeseburgers or computers or a 5×7 photo print. This is no simple process, and companies pay thousands of dollars to experts to help position themselves and their products in a place where they are PROFITABLE and where they can sustain that profitability. If you feel your products are priced well and you are earning a good living and maintaining balance in your life, then you don’t need Easy as Pie. I mention ‘balance’ because Alicia & Kristen promote the idea that you can run a profitable business AND still have time for your family life if your products are priced right and marketed well. If paying $149 sounds too high for a pdf, do what I did – print it! I printed out the pages (I think there are nearly 40 pages), had it bound with a clear plastic cover and it sits right next to all my other go-to resources in my office. The calculation formulas helped me save so much time. The discussion board is invaluable as well – highly recommend joining that – 100% focus on effective pricing & building a stronger business. There is a section where photogs post news of how the new pricing strategy has resulted in higher sales (specific examples) – showing that their $149 investment has more than paid for itself in the first post-Easy as Pie sale. You have to be daring enough to believe in the value of your product – the desired end result of implementing Easy as Pie is to launch you into a new, higher paying market. If that is not your desire, if you are happy where you are, you don’t need Easy as Pie.

I just have to add one thing – anyone who has not owned a Mac computer might say they are grossly overpriced. I thought so until I bought one. Now I get it. Their prices are not ‘ridiculous’ or ‘wrong’ at all to me now because their product serves my personal needs as a professional. I just don’t think we should judge each other or assign morality to another photographer’s choice of pricing their work. If you try a product and THEN find it to be worth less than what you paid for, that’s a different story. Whether you are just starting out or established as a photographer – if pricing is a challenge for you, Easy as Pie will help.

6. Ashley
    July 29, 2011 at 11:32 am —

I agree with Stephanie on the price of this e book. Its absolutely 100% insane to charge almost $400 for a email transferable file. I realize you are paying for the content of the pdf file… but at the risk of being verbally attacked – I think its crazy that she holds herself at such a high regard to charge EVERY person $350. Its absolutely ridiculous, and should be priced more around $50 if you want my honest opinion. I also talked to 2 photographers online who bought the book and said it was an absolute waste. One of them forgoed getting a prophoto blog to get this book and she said she cried for days realizing what she gave up for this book, which she said is all stuff you can find online.

7. Chris
    January 10, 2012 at 2:56 am —

Ashley, thank you for your comments! Trying to determine even with my education, if this would be worth it…at $350! Obviously, offering 50% off sales twice a year, is the same price she was selling only 2 years ago, at full price. Her profit is huge, I see why she quitted taking photographs!