Photoshop Actions: How to Organize Your Actions

Photoshop Actions: Is your actions palette a mess?  Does going into your actions palette to play an action sometimes stress you out? If so, it may be time to unclutter your actions palette and better organize it so you can be more efficient in Photoshop.

This Photoshop video tutorial will teach you how to save and archive unused actions and then delete them from your actions palette. Plus you will learn to make sets of your favorite actions and even make folders with just color actions, black and white actions, sharpening actions, etc.

This will allow you to be faster and find what you want when you are working in photoshop.

Photoshop Actions: How to Organize Your Actions

twitter Photoshop Actions: How to Organize Your Actionsfacebook Photoshop Actions: How to Organize Your Actionspinterest Photoshop Actions: How to Organize Your Actionsgoogleplus Photoshop Actions: How to Organize Your Actions

[...] 1 votes vote Learn how to unclutter and organize your actions in Photoshop Does going into your actions palette to play an action sometimes stress you out? If so, it may [...]

I’ve wondered how you stack actions into a new action. You mentioned you have done this with your new workflow process. I’m assuming it matters how the original action was set up since most want the original image to be a flat image.

jessica~ says:

Jodi, this is great. My last workflow was using your Crackle and either Mama Bear or Baby Bear, so there was constant scrolling up and down the Quickie collection. This was exactly what I needed. I love your video tutorials!!! THNX!

Brad says:

Thanks, Jodi! What a huge help! I was wondering how to de-clutter and combine my favorite actions into a set. This helps me out tons. Thanks again!

Susan Keller says:

Thank you so much, Jodi!! Your directions are always so clear to understand. I just created my own Favorites folder :-)

Gina says:

I see some new actions in that palette of yours!! i’m excited!! great tut

This was extremely helpful and I appreciate you showing us how to do this. This alone will cut a lot of time from my post production b/c I had too many things scattered all over that I use on a regular basis and I was wasting time searching for them. I knew there was a better way but I didn’t know how to do it. Thank you!

Debbie G says:

Thank you Jodi, that was an excellent video that I am sure a lot of people will learn from!! Your a great teacher…

tanya says:

Thanks A BUNCH Jodi!! This totally helped me I feel like I just cleaned out a closet. LOL!

Wendy Mayo says:

I knew there was a way to copy. The ALT key! You are such a guru!

Jill Franklin says:

You’re so going to laugh at me, but I cleared out my actions and readded the one’s I wanted to use back in each time. Wwhhhew! What a time muncher that was! Thank you so very much for yet another eye opening ah-ha moment!!! *Muwah!*

Adam says:

I would be interested to hear your opinion (pro’s and con’s) in the different ways Actions can be listed. Either the folder/tree structure you use, or having them displayed as coloured buttons. I use the same folder/tree display method, but know others that use the button mode and swear by it.

Thanks!

Kris says:

Thanks so much! I was wondering how to do this.

Kathleen says:

Thanks, I really need to do this. What a simple way to organize by color, favorites, and b/s. I think that is where I will start.

Tracy says:

Thanks!!! VERY helpful!

Sylvia Cook says:

One of the most helpful posts ever Jodi, thanks so much. It will sure make my life easier!

MCP Actions says:

Adam – It is a personal preference – button mode versus the normal mode. I think you can guess which I like and prefer. I never really became a fan of the buttons – I like things organized and easily laid out.

Kelly says:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I have been wondering if there’s a way to do this!! I am so excited to go and get organized now!

Kelly

Debbie Perrin says:

Jodi,
    Your photoshop skills never cease to amaze me! My PS learning is at an all time high because you share so much! THANK YOU!

Jenny says:

Is this only for CS4? Because this doesn’t look anything like what I have (CS3).
    Thanks!
    Jenny

Gillian says:

Thanks Jodi, that was great!!

Thanks for sharing the video.

DaniGirl says:

This is terrific — thanks! If you don’t mind, can I ask a sort-of off topic question? I’ve heard that adding too many actions will slow down or even compromise PS. Do you think that’s true? I’ve been afraid to collect too many, just in case.

Were you reading my mind???? I really needed this…I’ve moved the full folder of actions around but didn’t have any idea how to make my own sets. Hopefully I will have this done before our session on Tuesday!! LOL!!! :o)

Rebecca says:

THANK YOU Jodi!!! I’ve been wanting to organize and clean up my actions for a while now. You rock!

Thauna says:

This is just what I needed!!! Thanks so much!

Amy Cameron says:

Oh my goodness…this was so helpful. Thank you so much! I had saved this in my rss feed to come back and watch and finally did. I am so glad. Thanks again. -Amy

Tracey Tilson says:

Erin from Texas Chicks Blogs and Pics sent me this way. Thank you so much for the tutorial! This will calm the chaos in my PSCS5! ~Tracey

claire says:

Super helpful. Thanks so much!

Amanda says:

Man I wish this were for Elements! I have 10 and would love to do this! But I also get overwhelmed with the number of actions and forget what they do, any tips for that?

Tracey says:

How do I just rearrange the existing folders? When I move them with the alt key pressed, it will place them… but as a “copy” folder. Is there a way to move folders without creating a copy? Thanks Jodi! Happy Holidays!

Paul says:

Hi Jodi
    Thanks for this tutorial, I found this very useful.

Ambre says:

Oh my goodness, I have been wishing for this! THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you so much! I was getting lost in all my actions!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Learn how to unclutter and organize your actions in Photoshop - [...] 1 votes vote …
Add Comment Register