Today’s tutorial is an intro to layer masks. This is the MOST IMPORTANT SKILL to improving your editing in photoshop. It will allow you to effect smaller portions of your photo while you edit. You no longer have to edit globally. This gibes you the control over your photos.
The most important parts of this are:
– White reveals
– Black Conceals
– Use a soft edge air brush (change the hardness if needed)
– Make sure your layer mask is selected
– Change the opacity of the brush as needed for smoother blending
– Shortcuts used “[ or ]” – the left bracket makes brush smaller and right bracket makes the brush bigger
– D puts default colors as swatches (white forground/black background) – X swaps these two.