Photoshop Video Tutorial: Watch Me Work {Color Pop, Eyes, Skin}

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Photoshop Video Tutorial: Watch Me Work {Color Pop, Eyes, Skin}

Today’s Blueprint is in the form of a Watch Me Work Photoshop Video Tutorial. Learn how to enhance a senior portrait by popping colors, smoothing and brightening skin, and enhancing eyes using a variety of MCP actions all found in the Incredible Retouching Package.

pop color in photoshop

To see the video, make sure you can view flash, and that you are on the MCP Blog.  You will not be able to see the video directly on RSS, email or Facebook.

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Contest: Enter to WIN the Easy As Pie Pricing Guide for Photographers
Easy As Pie ~ Winners of the Pricing Guides For Photographers

1. gina c
    December 27, 2011 at 11:05 am —

thanks for your tutorial! i learned a lot about the CS5 program i just got for christmas (black and white brush and hue/colors)….so fun! i can’t wait to play with some of our xmas photos from my 9mo old’s first christmas! i’ll definitely be searching your website for more tools and how to’s. much appreciated!

2. November 4, 2010 at 12:29 pm —

Hi Jodi,

Loved your demonstration. I don’t have photoshop but would love to purchase the software. How much is a basic photoshop program? I hear it’s very expensive. In the $800 range? Thanks.

Judy

3. Katster
    August 18, 2010 at 3:15 am —

Hi
    I have Photoshop CS4 and was wondering where can i find the “Action Palette” in order to use “Magical Clarity”?? I couldn’t continue watching this because I don’t seem to find this option in my PS 🙁

4. June 23, 2010 at 10:12 pm —

Great post! Thanks for sharing!

5. June 22, 2010 at 9:58 pm —

This is a great tutorial – I really like the video approach over the before/after blueprints.

And: I love, Love LOVE the idea of using Select Color Range for masking!

6. honey
    June 19, 2010 at 5:17 pm —

Me again … just wanted to say I never though of just tapping on the eyes with the sharpening in the eye action. I always bring it in super pixely and try to draw it on far away shots. I also never thought of masking out the eyes on a lot of the crackle/pop contrast type actions. These video tutorials are so helpful!
    XO

7. Tom
    June 19, 2010 at 12:25 pm —

This really is a lovely piece. But it’s important to remember, that this is not photography as it really was not there, but it is wonderful graphic art.

8. Janie Pearson
    June 19, 2010 at 9:28 am —

I have the actions you used here, Jodi, but it is so helpful to actually be visually reminded of how to get the most out of them. Thanks so much!

9. misty Ballard
    June 19, 2010 at 12:28 am —

that was fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing this!

10. June 18, 2010 at 3:39 pm —

I really like the video tutorials, now I just need to save up for your all your great actions. Thanks for sharing!

11. Rhonda
    June 18, 2010 at 2:58 pm —

Thanks for your great tips!

12. honey
    June 18, 2010 at 10:09 am —

Love when you do this! thx!