Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Sharing some vacation shots {silhouette sunsets and more}

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Sharing some vacation shots {silhouette sunsets and more}

Still on vacation in Northern Michigan. My girls and husband let me do a photo shoot of silhouettes at sunset. It was so amazing and fun.  Just wanted to share a few photos.

Also, if you are looking at these, can you please tell me if they look dull or distorted (such as my logo in the corner) and if the color looks ok?  I am having some issues with wordpress, and on my computer they appear all distorted.  Oh, and also, does this post looked centered?  Thanks for your feedback.  Trying to decide if it is just my computer or the wordpress upgrade.

Here are a few – many more on flickr

Here is a small sampling of non-sunset shots from the trip. Many more of these on flickr too.

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Quick Tip | Using History Palette and Snapshots for effective editing in Photoshop
Contest week {next week} June 30th

1. June 24, 2008 at 9:57 pm —

Everything looks good from here! LOVE those silhouette and sunset shots! It looks like you’ve all been having a wonderful vacation. 😀

2. June 24, 2008 at 10:44 pm —

Jodi ~ LOVE the sunset pics!! The swing one is my favorite; love how you can make out her hair! Awesome.
    In the first pic your younger one’s face looks a little distorted to me. But other than that everything looks center and amazing!
    Looks like you all are having a wonderful vacation!

3. June 24, 2008 at 11:09 pm —

Jodi,
    Remember me from the Secret? I guessed the secret – BTW your pics were great from the workshop..
    Love your up north pics- we are headed north this weekend. I would love to get cute shots like these but my kids and travel..well! I cracks me up how your cute girls are all into Hannah Montana … so sweet!

4. June 25, 2008 at 8:27 am —

What great pictures to treasure forever! I have two boys which are older and they would never cooperate with me for pictures like these … big difference between girls and boys (not to mention personalities). Hope the rest of your vacation is great and relaxing.

5. June 25, 2008 at 8:54 am —

The pictures look great to me! It’s all centered on the blog, but in the email it wasn’t. I miss going to the beach and seeing the old playground equipment! Hope the rest of your vacation is fantastic!

6. Niki T
    June 25, 2008 at 11:23 am —

The first two and last one look a little picilated to me, including the logo which has bumpy edges. Otherwise they all look great. I absolutely love the sunset silouettes. Beautiful. =)

7. gina
    June 25, 2008 at 12:08 pm —

hi jodi, BEAUTIFUL pictures… they look centered on my laptop, but the pictures look like they’re having pixelation problems… hope you have a wonderful vacation…

8. June 25, 2008 at 12:43 pm —

Jodi-the silouhettes are amazing!!!! GO BIG WITH THOSE!!!! Everything looks centered to me and not noticing distortion on my end!!!!

9. June 25, 2008 at 3:05 pm —

I sooo need to be taking more action shots of my kids. These are great inspiration (that you’ll treasure when they’re older).

10. June 25, 2008 at 7:07 pm —

these are GREAT!!! adore the silohuette shots!!! and love the closeups of the girls!!! gorgeous!

11. June 26, 2008 at 9:39 pm —

Jodi, it looks like everyone is having a blast on vacation. Love the silouhettes and the slide shot.

12. June 27, 2008 at 8:57 pm —

these are great photos of your cutie pie girls. I love the second one with the sun in her hair.

13. June 29, 2008 at 1:11 am —

Aw, Jodi… the girls look like you!! Sooo cute. I hope you had fun!

14. July 1, 2008 at 11:16 am —

You guys look like you had a blast on vacation! But there aren’t very many photos of you. lol. The curse (or blessing) of always being behind the lens. I really liked 256, 257, 274. The kids are so cute.:)

15. July 3, 2008 at 7:21 pm —

These look wonderful! 🙂

16. July 7, 2008 at 5:03 pm —

These are sooo cute!!! I love the silhouette ones!!

17. Maureen
    July 9, 2008 at 6:55 pm —

Everything is just beautiful…but I’m wondering if you can tell me about those slide shots-did you enhance the reflection? You’ve really captured the essence of childhood summers in these photos and you’ll cherish them forever…