Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Ellie and Jenna want to know… Do you prefer them in Color or B&W (and why?)

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Ellie and Jenna want to know… Do you prefer them in Color or B&W (and why?)

Yesterday I used a flat iron on Ellie and Jenna’s hair for the 1st time – they fell in love – and even let me take photos!  So today when I edited, they were trying to decide if they prefer black and white or color.  Ellie said to me, “can you post some of these on your blog and ask your readers?”  How can you turn a cute 7 year old down.  So here they are.  Please let me (and especially Ellie and Jenna) know if you prefer the black and white or color – and why?

Thanks for playing along – they are going to be very happy!

Jodi

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
SEO – Don’t Be a Keyword Stuffer
Win a Tracy Joy Matching Camera Back, CF Wallet, Wrist Strap & Business Card Holder

1. Maida
    April 5, 2009 at 7:45 pm —

I think the color on you photos are so beautiful.

2. April 5, 2009 at 7:37 pm —

I like ALL of them, but if I just had to choose, I’d probably go with the b/w ones. There seems to be more depth to them (although I do love the color ones also!!!) Cute hair girls!!!

3. April 5, 2009 at 7:33 pm —

oooh. i have to say color for the close-ups b/c of the gorgeous brown hair and eyes! so lovely. but i like the guitar ones in b&w b/c the focus is more evenly distributed between the girl and the guitar (the guitar steals the stage a little in the color ones. it’s super cute, though!)

4. Christina
    April 5, 2009 at 7:32 pm —

I like them both but I prefer the b&w (except the last one which I like in color). I think there’s more of a connection in the b&w versions since you’re not distracted by the color.

5. April 5, 2009 at 7:31 pm —

The color pics to me draw you in more. The girls incredible brown eyes just pop with the color.
    So very cute!!!

6. Jessica
    April 5, 2009 at 7:15 pm —

Both are awesome but I’m gonna have to go with color. Gives more dimension to those big brown eyes that I’m loving.

7. April 5, 2009 at 7:08 pm —

I am normally a color girl…..the brighter the better. But these I like in bw, it concentrates on the very cute subjects!

8. April 5, 2009 at 7:08 pm —

I like the first one better in B&W but the rest better in color. Because the eyes pop so much. But I love the colors in the rest so I like them better in color.

9. Deena
    April 5, 2009 at 7:02 pm —

The first two I really like in color, because it shows their beautiful brown eyes! The second two I prefer in black and white.

10. April 5, 2009 at 7:01 pm —

Whether in black and white or color, adorable is still adorable. 😛

Personally though, I like to be able to see the pink on the guitar!

11. April 5, 2009 at 7:01 pm —

I love the color ones. I love the pretty skin tones and awesome brown eyes! They just light up the room!

12. April 5, 2009 at 6:58 pm —

For me, it’s all about the eyes. I tend to like b&w when the subject is not giving you eye contact… It feels more like you’re capturing a moment in time, to me. I like color when those eyes connect with you and you get to show off all that detail and color in them. Great shots of your beautiful girls!

13. April 5, 2009 at 6:54 pm —

I have to say I am a b/w girl. I prefer them, because then you focus on the features and expressions more and the colors and surrounding space less.

14. April 5, 2009 at 6:50 pm —

I love the color ones. 🙂

15. April 5, 2009 at 6:49 pm —

I agree with Seshu. I love the b&w version of all of these.

16. April 5, 2009 at 6:48 pm —

I agree with Seshu, I am drawn to the B&W……….beautiful!

17. April 5, 2009 at 6:48 pm —

Wow, that’s a tough one! The girls are so precious that they look great in both style! : ) But, for the most part, I really like color photos, and use B&W sparingly.

18. April 5, 2009 at 6:46 pm —

Adorable! I love the b/w’s 🙂

19. April 5, 2009 at 6:43 pm —

Both the color and b&w versions are exquisitely post-processed so this is a difficult choice. My gut say – b&w. The color in these images seems to get in the way of connecting the viewer to the subject in the image. My brain seems to respond to the b&w images in a more visceral way. With no hint of color, the images become solely about the subject and not so much about the surrounding area or props.

20. April 5, 2009 at 6:40 pm —

I really like the color ones. I am usually a big fan of black and whites but I really like the girls in color! I just love thier deep brown eyes! Very cute hair! Very cute girls!