Not sure which will be done 1st but my blog and site have been works in progress for some time now. Crossing my figures that you get to see both in July sometime!
This is where my loyal readers come in. I need feedback from you. Tell me what you think would make my actions and training site better (the shop/store) and what would make my blog better. I am not looking for what actions or training you want to see – but more structurally and what functionality you would want. Same with the blog. What would make it easier and better for you (again not in terms of content – though you are welcome to tell me that too) but as far as delivery of the materials on the blog.
Here are a few details of each so far…
– Both will remain consistant with my current branding
– The site and blog will become more seamless and have the same top navigation making it easier to transition between the two (and same about, contact, faq page, etc)
For the Site (shop/store):
– Once launced there will be NEW instant downloads (no more waiting for email delivery)
– Ability to see all purchases made after date site goes live (past purchases will not be able to be added into this format) – you will be able to watch videos that go with actions purchased by logging in to your account with MCP
– Search the site by keywords, locate actions by what version of Photoshop you have, and more…
– Easier to use interface and shopping cart system
For the Blog:
– More well organized layout – easier to read – easier to navigate
– View featured posts and recent posts easily
– Located recent Blueprints and Video Tutorials easily
– Better search functionality
– Hot button links to my most popular categories
– A page with links to some of my favorite resources
– Slightly smaller pictures so that I can have a small 2nd column
– Poll section on main page in a 2nd column – so readers can benefit from the opinions of each other
– Social Media clearly labeled on how to follow me or subscribe – and how to spread the word when you see topics and tutorials you like
*** There may be more I am forgetting – but that is a good start at explaining where I am going with things on both the site and blog. Now I want to hear from you. What else do you want to see? Now is your time to tell me if you have an idea that I can incorporate. Please comment below and let me know your ideas and thoughts.