What Photo Editing Software Do You Use Most?

What Photo Editing Software Do You Use Most?

Every year I like to learn what photo editing software is most popular with our readers.  This helps us at MCP Actions decide where we will focus efforts for new products and free video tutorials. As a result of past surveys, we have introduced more for PSE Photoshop Elements users.

Please take a second to vote.  Just add a comment if you wish to explain your choice or if your software was not listed. We are interested in hearing what primary photo editing software you use rather than what plug-ins or actions you use.

We would appreciate you sharing this via Facebook, Twitter and other social networking so we can get a wide sampling of photographers.

Jodi

[poll id=”50″]
Photoshop Tutorial: 9 Quick Steps for Head Swapping / Face Transplant
Use ACR and Photoshop Elements to Work Magic on Point & Shoot Camera Photos

1. September 8, 2011 at 11:48 am — Reply

I’ve been using PSE7 and I’m self-taught. I still only use few actions because it’s hard for me to understand some things about PSE. Does anyone have any opinions on how hard CS5 or Lightroom3 would be coming from PSE7?

• September 8, 2011 at 12:57 pm — Reply

Dalinda,
      I was taught some basic PS from another photographer I was working under for 4+ years. Then, on my own, bought LR3 and CS5. I LOVE Lightroom for uploading, sorting, and doing the basic cropping, exposure adjustment and simple presets.

I bought CS5 earlier this year and moving from PSE to CS5 is very seamless. Probably a similar move from a Canon Rebel XTi to a Canon 7D; familiar, yet new features that are exciting to learn.

Hope that helps!
      Lyn

2. Nadia
    September 8, 2011 at 12:09 pm — Reply

Lr3 and then cs5

3. Stephanie
    September 8, 2011 at 12:57 pm — Reply

Photoshop, but also use iPhoto and occasionally Aperture.

4. September 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm — Reply

I use Elements. it has all the basics i need and then some, without the hefty price of say, CS5. I do use a lot of actions though. But i think you can do just as much with Elements as with the newer versions, you just need to play around and get to know your software.

5. MelissaU
    September 8, 2011 at 1:47 pm — Reply

I love PSP X3 (and they just released X4 this week, yippee!!). Corel totally rocks my world and I love how user-friendly their UI is compared to Photoshop/ Adobe. So much better and so much more intuitive. I’m also a much bigger fan of their business model vs. Adobe/ Photoshop. However, I do like the community (in terms of support, exposure at conferences, adoption by the photographic community, actions, etc…) that has developed around Photoshop, so I am a bit torn.

6. MariaV
    September 9, 2011 at 11:45 am — Reply

I also use Corel Photo Paint.

7. Melissa P. @Mel4Him
    September 10, 2011 at 9:53 pm — Reply

I use GIMP because it is free. It does what I need for now. It’s actually not a bad program for free.

8. Brendan
    September 14, 2011 at 10:53 am — Reply

I love Photoshop CS5, but I don’t understand how a serious photographer can be using it on every photo they shoot. It’s far too time consuming, plus all the storage you need to save PSD or TIF files . Lightroom 3 on the other hand is quick & easy way to rapidly go through all your photos.