Have a question? Reach us at: (866) 903-0998

Jasmine Star – Ask Her Anything You Want!

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™

Jasmine Star – Ask Her Anything You Want!

jasmine_hybrid

I am so excited to have Jasmine Star GUEST BLOGGING on MCP Actions Blog. She is an incredible photographer and writer – and reading her blog often brings a smile to my face. She knows how to connect with her audience and is super giving.  To see her work and learn more about her, click here, and to read her blog, click here.

I wanted to come up with something unique to do with Jasmine. Interview? Nope – that has been done before. Have her teach you a specific topic – well maybe but then she or I would be deciding what you want to know. So…

“Ask Jasmine Star Anything?”

What do you want to know? Ask your questions in the comment section below. Some time late this week or beginning of next, she will come here and pick 10 of these questions to answer on my blog. So think hard, what is it you want to know from this super sweet, popular wedding photographer with an ultra successful photography business and blog?

Have fun thinking of your questions…

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is a small sampling of her amazing work:

blogkaseynick0019

blogmirandajustin0015blogstephaniestephen010

Free Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets by MCP™
Problem Photo: One Customer's Fix
Name Your Dream Assignment and Have a Chance to Win $50,000

1. Alison
    March 3, 2009 at 12:15 pm —

When shooting a wedding indoors – ceremony or reception, do you still just shoot wide open at a high ISO or do you also add flash or video light?

2. March 3, 2009 at 12:25 pm —

What helped you the most in getting such crisp, clear images? Thanks Jasmine! You rock girl! You are an inspiration!

3. March 3, 2009 at 1:49 pm —

Hi J*! 🙂 I’m interested in learning more about your workflow. So once you get your RAW edit back do you process through Lightroom and pick photos to add actions to in PS? What’s your workflow routine? Where do you meet potential clients? At your home or elsewhere? Thanks J* you are a rockstar!!

4. March 3, 2009 at 5:29 pm —

I used to be an event coordinator at a resort and coordinated a little over a hundred weddings. Since then, and because of my growing love of photography, I’ve contemplated working toward being a wedding photographer someday. Out of all of the steps you go through in your work, which part do you find to be the most challenging? (Answer can be photography or non-photography — like business aspects — related.) Thanks!

5. March 3, 2009 at 7:43 pm —

I’d love to know what your all-time favorite lens is….the one that is “always” on your camera? Thanks!

6. March 3, 2009 at 10:33 pm —

Jasmine – I’m such a fan of your work and I often look to your blog for inspiration. I have several of the same questions that others have already asked, so instead I’ll try to be a little more creative.

I’m most interested in your interaction with your clients – how you make them feel (or at least appear) so comfortable in front of the lens. More specifically, do you ever feel like a session is not going in the direction you were hoping in terms of the clients’ comfort level? If so, how do you turn the momentum around and get things on track?

Thanks so much for answering questions!

7. March 4, 2009 at 8:41 am —

Hi Jasmine,

I’m a huge fan of your work and greatly admire your success. But I think my fave thing about your photos is how you get your subjects to rock it out like models. I know this has a lot to do with your own personality and confidence, but any tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Nathalie

8. March 4, 2009 at 1:57 pm —

Hi Jasmine – I asked you a question a couple of days ago and I must have been totally sidetracked by my kids because what I wrote made no sense. I was asking about your 50mm 1.2 (not 1.4 which is what I wrote earlier). I have the 50mm 1.4 and I was wondering if I should invest in the 1.2
    There is such a big difference in cost and I just want to make sure it is worth it. Thank you.

9. March 4, 2009 at 3:26 pm —

I love Jasmine’s blog and just drool over her awesome photos. She’s so great to share all of her super tips with us.

My question is this, could you tell me a little more about your workflow? Pretty much everything you do after you capture the images? Thakn you so much. 🙂

10. March 4, 2009 at 10:08 pm —

lots of great questions already! as it is clear we’re all inspired by you, my question is, from whom do you get your inspiration?

11. March 4, 2009 at 10:27 pm —

I, too, along with many of the others here would love to have a better understanding of how you shoot wide open but retain SO much crispy focus. And, while I’m at it, I’d love to know how you make sure your couples have FUN while you shoot. Thank you in advance for your responses to whichever questions you choose!

12. March 6, 2009 at 9:37 am —

Do you use your in camera light meter? How do you set up a shot so wide open? I feel like I am always changeing things dude to the light meter in the camera and it uses so much time. Thanks, I love your blog!

13. Darina
    March 6, 2009 at 12:16 pm —

Hello, Jasmine!I wanted to know if you edit all of the pictures that you get from the shoot? What is your workflow? Are there pictures that you post that have been unedited at all? And what is your favorite international location to shoot? Thanks, you rock.

14. Rebecca
    March 7, 2009 at 11:00 am —

Think back to when photography was still just a dream. What steps did you take to fulfill that dream?
    If you were talking to a newbie, what would be the top 10 things you would suggest that they do or know before they dive into the wonderful world of photography?

15. March 7, 2009 at 2:50 pm —

Since it appears all of the questions I thought of have been asked I will go in a different direction.

– What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
    – When you go out in public on a non-work day, like maybe a quick run to the grocery store, do you ever go out in your grubby jeans/clothes with your hair/makeup not in the best shape? : ) I do that and I get flack about it all the time from my mother. She is a much more proper lady then I.

16. Shayla
    March 7, 2009 at 3:02 pm —

Not sure if this has been asked before or not, but I’m curious about your husband. Was he into photography before ya’ll met or did you get him interested and teach him stuff to become the photography couple that you are now? I’ve always wondered if it would be beneficial for me to teach my husband the ropes or if it would just be more of a pain.